B L A C K E N E D C H I L E - D U S T E D C H I C K E N
with zucchini rice and corn-tomato sauté
Serving Size | 2
Source | Blue Apron
I N G R E D I E N T S
- 1 Lime
- 1 Zucchini
- 1 Bunch Cilantro
- 2 TB Mexican Crema
- 2 TS Ancho Chile Powder
- 2 Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breast
- 1/3 C Basmati Rice
- 3 Ounces Cherry Tomatoes
- 3 Cloves Garlic
- 2 Scallions
- 1 Ear of Corn
P R E P A R E THE F R E S H P R O D U C E
- GARLIC: Peel and Mince
- SCALLIONS: Cut off and discard the root ends; Thinly slice, separating the white bottoms and green tops
- CILANTRO: Roughly chop the leaves and stems
- LIME: Quarter the limes
- CORN: Remove and discard the husks and silks; Cut the corn kernels off the cob
- TOMATOES: Quarter the tomatoes
- ZUCCHINI: Cut off and discard the stem ends; Small dice
L I M E C R E M A
In a bowl, combine the crema and the juice of two lime wedges. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Z U C C H I N I R I C E
- In a large pot, heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil on medium-high until hot.
- Add the zucchini and half the garlic; season with salt and pepper. Cook stirring occasionally, 1-3 minutes, or until softened and fragrant.
- Stir in the rice and 2/3 cup of water; heat to boiling on high. Once boiling, cover and reduce the heat to low.
- Simmer 14-16 minutes, or until the liquid has been absorbed and the rice is tender.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the juice of the two remaining lime wedges; season with salt and pepper to taste.
C O O K the C H I C K E N
- While the rice cooks, pat the chicken dry with paper towels; season on both sides with salt, pepper and the ancho chile powder.
- In a medium pan (nonstick, if you have one), heat 2 teaspoons of olive oil on medium-high until hot. Add the seasoned chicken. Cook, loosely covering the pan with aluminum foil, 4 to 6 minutes per side, or until blackened, crispy and cooked through.
- Transfer to a plate, leaving any browned bits (or fond) in the pan. Loosely cover the cooked chicken with aluminum foil.
T O M A T O C O R N S A U T é
- While the rice continues to cook, heat the pan of reserved fond on medium-high until hot.
- Add the corn; season with salt and pepper. (If the pan seems dry, add 1 teaspoon of olive oil.) Cook stirring occasionally, 1 to 2 minutes, or until slightly softened.
- Add the tomatoes, white bottoms of the scallions and remaining garlic; season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring frequently for 30 seconds to 1 minute, or until softened and fragrant. Remove from heat.
- Off the heat, add half the cilantro and half the green tops of the scallions to the pan of vegetables. Stir to combine and season with salt and pepper to taste.
P L A T E your D I S H
- Transfer the cooked chicken to a cutting board, slice crosswise.
- Stir any juices from the cutting board into the pan of vegetables.
- Divide the zucchini rice, finished corn-tomato sauté and sliced chicken between 2 plates.
- Garnish with the remaining cilantro and green tops of the scallions. Serve with the lime crema on the side.
E N J O Y !