R I C K ' S R H U B A R B P I E
Serving Size | 8 - 10
Source | Family Recipe
Rhubarb pie is a family favorite in the Edwards household. Anytime rhubarb season approaches, we're always sure to grab a few pounds to make my father-in-law's famous recipe. Now you can too! Hint: Really fresh rhubarb is essential and small stalks are the best! Rick's pie is made with homemade crust, since we haven't yet perfected that recipe, we used store-bought. Homemade pie crust recipe coming soon!
I N G R E D I E N T S (for 1 pie):
- 3/4 C White Sugar
- Pie Crust
- 1 1/2 - 2 LBS Fresh Rhubarb
- 2 Lemons or 2 TB of Lemon Juice
- 2 - 3 TB Flour
P R E P A R E T H E F R E S H I N G R E D I E N T S
- RHUBARB: cut the rhubarb into half-inch cubes
- LEMON: cut the lemons into quarters; squeeze the lemons to make 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
M A K E the R H U B A R B F I L L I N G
- Place the cubes of rhubarb into a mixing bowl.
- Add the flour and sugar and toss it together.
P R E P A R E the P I E
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Make the pie shell or use store-bought crust; I used Pillsbury Pie Crust.
- Gently fit the dough into the bottom and side of the pie dish; be careful not to stretch or tear.
- Pour the rhubarb mixture into the pie shell.
- Drizzle the lemon juice over the rhubarb.
- Use the remainder of the pie crust to make a lattice top.
- Cover the pie with aluminum foil and bake for 30 minutes.
- Once the pie has cooked for half an hour; remove the foil, keeping only the edges covered.
- Continue to bake for another 30-40 minutes or until golden brown.
E N J O Y !