C H U N K Y C H I C K E N N O O D L E
Serving Size | 4 - 6
Source | Canyon Child
I N G R E D I E N T S
- 6 C Chicken Broth
- 2 Chicken Bouillon Cubes
- 8 OZ No Yolks Broad Egg Noodles
- 1 T Salt and Freshly Ground Pepper
- 1 1/2 LB Boneless Chicken Breast
- 2 C Carrots
- 3 Celery Stalks
- 1 Yellow Onion, Medium
- 4 TB Cilantro
P R E P A R E T H E F R E S H I N G R E D I E N T S
- CARROTS: Peel and chop into 1/4 inch pieces
- CELERY: Remove the ends and chop into 1/4 inch pieces
- ONION: Medium dice
- CILANTRO: Remove and discard the stems; Roughly chop the leaves
C O O K the C H I C K E N
- Place the chicken breast in a saucepan large enough to hold the chicken pieces comfortably; add enough water to cover the chicken.
- Heat on medium-high, once the water starts to boil; add two chicken bouillon cubes to the chicken and reduce heat.
- Cover the pan and simmer until the chicken is no longer pink (about 15-20 minutes).
- When the chicken is done, remove it form the saucepan and set aside.
- Once the chicken has cooled, use two forks to shred the chicken; keep in a warm place.
P R E P A R E the S O U P
- In a large pot, heat 6 cups of chicken broth and the diced onion on medium-high, bring to a boil.
- Once the onions have become slightly translucent, add the salt and pepper and chopped carrots and celery to the soup.
- Let the vegetables cook for another 5 minutes, add the egg noodles, cook uncovered for 10-12 minutes or until softened.
- If you would like to add more flavor to the broth, place the remaining chicken bouillon cubes into the soup. Drop in the cubes one at a time for your desired flavor.
- Reduce heat to low, add the shredded chicken and all but 1 tablespoon of cilantro.
P L A T E your D I S H
- Divide the soup into bowls and garnish with the remaining cilantro.
E N J O Y !